Thứ Sáu, 3 tháng 5, 2013

Seven Days In The Life Of My Family by Hotaru Tomoe (Chap 1)

Chapter One: Introduction.

Hotaru came home on a Thursday afternoon after a busy day at Jr. High and, after greeting her parents and grabbing a soda, went up to her room to do her homework as usual.

After her usual ritual of changing from her school uniform into casual clothes and putting on a CD, she slumped down onto her chair by her desk, switched on her computer, brought up a word processing program, and stared at the blank page wondering what to write. Which was unusual for her.

She sighed and absently brushed her hair out of her eyes with one hand, while taking a sip of her soda with the other. Hotaru had to admit, her teacher had handed out an interesting assignment; write about an average week in the life of her family. And since it was spring break next week, she would be spending all week with them, which is why her teacher came up with this assignment.

Hotaru snorted at the word 'average'. There was nothing 'average' about her family. She had two mamas and a papa and all three of them were women for one thing. She was adopted for another since her real parents were both dead.

The fact that the four of them were in fact, Sailor Senshi didn't help things much.

After a bit of contemplation, she realized that this might be fun after all. She would tell some, but not all of the truth when she submitted her final report in two weeks. Who would believe her anyway if she told the truth? Nope, the real story would be between herself, Setsuna-mama, Haruka-papa, and Michiru-mama. Her teacher would get a watered down, heavily edited version that would either get Hotaru an A, or cure her insomnia. Perhaps both.
With that thought in mind, Hotaru grinned and commenced typing.

Hotaru's POV.
Seven Days In The Life of My Family, a report by Hotaru Tomoe.

Part One: Introduction.
My name is Hotaru Tomoe and this is my report on an average week with my family.

Perhaps I should mention here at the beginning that my family is a bit unusual. For one thing I have two mamas and one papa, which is kind of unusual. Even more unusual is the fact that all three of them, are in fact, women.

Let me explain. My real parents are dead. My mom died when I was little, and my dad died recently. Michiru-mama, Haruka-papa, and Setsuna-mama, as I like to call them, took me in and have been raising me ever since.



Most of my teachers and a few of my friends have told me that they are doing a great job. I'm not as shy and withdrawn as I used to be they tell me. I think so as well I have made a few friends at school since I started Jr. High earlier this year. And of course there are my older friends, Usagi, Ami, Makoto, Rei, Minako, and Mamoru. I'll be talking about them as well, since they play such a big role in our lives. You could say that they are my extended family.

There was my best friend Chibi-Usa, but she moved away with her folks a while ago. I still miss her terribly.



Let me introduce my parents at this time. I should warn you that some people might find their relationship, especially Michiru-mama and Haruka-papa, a bit odd, if not uncomfortable. To them I say, tough. I love them, and they love me. Deal with it.

Michiru-mama, or Michiru Kaioh: She is quite simply, a princess. She acts as though she were born to royalty. In actual fact her parents are a very wealthy businessman and his wife. She is very beautiful and a talented violinist and painter as well as being athletic and graceful. People who don't know Michiru-mama at all have described her as being cold and aloof. This is far from the truth. She is very warm, loving and kind, not to mention a great cook, and has a wonderful sense of humour. She's even released a few CDs of her music! Yes that was a cheap plug, but I'm sure Michiru-mama will appreciate it.



Setsuna-mama or Setsuna Meioh: Distant, cold, unfeeling, and mysterious are all words I have heard used to describe Setsuna-mama. In fact she can be all of these things, but she is really quite a sensitive person once you get to know her. She does have a social anxiety problem, but she does have her moments where she acts like a little girl. She is working on her dream of becoming a fashion designer one day. I will attach a picture of me wearing one of her designs that she made for me. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.



Haruka-papa or Haruka Tenoh: Yes that Haruka Tenoh, the Formula One racecar driver. She's (yes she, not he) a bit of a wild tomboy, and has a warped sense of humour, like when she got Setsuna-mama drunk. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. Anyway, she tends to scare me with her driving when we go for a ride in her Ferrari, but I know that she would never do anything to harm me. She and Michiru-mama love each other so much, its' kind of scary, and occasionally a bit nauseating for Setsuna-mama and I to watch when they get affectionate.



I suppose I should mention that Michiru-mama and Haruka-papa are a couple. Lovers in fact. I did say that the nature of their relationship was different. But as I said we are a family and we love each other. They even bought promise rings to symbolize their commitment to raise me as their daughter.

Oh, one little thing I should mention before I go on. You have heard of the Sailor Senshi right? They pop up in the news every so often after some monster runs amok in downtown Tokyo and they stop it. Well, the reason I bring them up is because I'm one of them.

Yes you read that right, I, Hotaru Tomoe, the shy girl who always wears black and purple, am a Sailor Senshi, Sailor Saturn to be precise.

I might as well go further and mention that Michiru-mama is Sailor Neptune, Haruka-papa is Sailor Uranus, and Setsuna-mama is Sailor Pluto.

During the course of the week, we will probably have to change into our other identities and help save the world from some bad guy or other. Or some strange thing will happen around here and we'll all end up in our costumes anyway. You never know with my family.

That's life in the Kaioh/Tenoh/Meioh/Tomoe household, never a dull moment.

It can be funny one day, and sad the next, but it's never dull around here I can assure you.

I'll start my report on Monday of next week.
End, Hotaru's POV.

Hotaru sat back from her computer with a contented sigh. It was a good start to her essay, she hoped. She was in the process of spell checking and saving it when there was a knock on her door.

"It's open." Hotaru called.

"Dinners' ready, honey." Haruka replied as she walked into her room.

"Ok, just let me finish typing this up and I'll be there in a minute." Hotaru tapped a few more keys.

Haruka came over and looked over her shoulder. "Whatcha working on, kiddo?" She asked.

"A report about 7 days in the life of our family." Hotaru replied.

"Can I see?" Haruka asked.

Hotaru moved aside and Haruka quickly read the introduction. "This is pretty good, although you'll have to edit all the stuff about us being Sailor Senshi out before you hand it in." Haruka remarked.

"I know. But I was planning to make up an edited report for my teacher anyway. This is just for us to look at." Hotaru said.

"That's a great idea, Hotaru. I'm sure Michi and Setsuna will get a kick out of it as well. Let's go down and ask them ok?" Haruka grinned and took her daughter's hand.

"Ok!" Hotaru grinned back and the two of them went downstairs for dinner.

TBC.

AN: This was just an odd idea that has been rattling around in my head for a while. I have seen similar stories done, but I wanted to do this from Hotaru's prospective. This is also an experiment for me to see if I can write in the first person.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét