Thứ Bảy, 4 tháng 5, 2013

7 Days in the Life of My Family by Hotaru Tomoe (Chap 2)

Chapter Two: Monday.
Disclaimer: I still don't own any of the characters.
Today, Monday, started out pretty much as normally as mornings get in our household.

It was a bright, sunny day on the second day of Spring Break and Haruka-papa wanted to go for a drive for a while. Michiru-mama and I were excited as usual, and it was just a matter of coaxing Setsuna-mama to join us.

I know Sunday was the beginning of Spring Break, but I was told to start this report on Monday. Besides it had rained since Friday night, and Sunday was kind of quiet. Setsuna-mama was sleeping in, while Haruka-papa and Michiru-mama were, well, spending 'quality time' together. Or as my friend Minako would put it, they were 'banging each other's socks off.'

Suffice it to say between the three of them, and with Ami providing technical assistance, I really don't need to take a sex education course at school any time soon, thank you very much.

This kind of left me alone to eat pop tarts and try to beat my high score on the latest Sailor V video game on the PS2. Ah, the exciting life of a 14 year old super hero.

Anyway, Michiru-mama and I were waiting in the car for the other two, discussing plans for the week. Since I told them about my report, we made sure that I would spend one day with each of them.

 Tuesday we were going to he Zoo for a birthday party for one of my new friends at school. Wednesday I was going shopping with Michiru-mama

Thursday I was spending the day with Haruka-papa at the racetrack. Friday I would spend with Setsuna-mama doing, something, I don't know. Saturday was karaoke night at Minako's invitation. And Sunday was Michiru-mama's parent's wedding anniversary at some big hotel downtown. So it's going to be a busy week.

"Hey girls, ready to go?" Haruka-papa called out as she walked up to the car. She looked happy and cheerful and ready to go, a very groggy looking Setsuna-mama was with her. I should mention at this point that Setsuna-mama is not a morning person.

Setsuna-mama was put into the backseat beside me, while Haruka-papa got into the drivers seat. I leaned over and kissed Setsuna-mama on the cheek saying, "Good morning sleepyhead."

She smiled slightly, hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek saying, "Good morning princess." Then she slipped on her sunglasses, put her seatbelt on, and leaned back in her seat with her arms folded.

"Let's go." Michiru-mama said as she and Haruka-papa kissed each other, while Setsuna-mama and I made gagging noises from the back seat like we normally did. Haruka-papa laughed and started the engine, revved up, and we took off at high speed.

I looked behind us expecting to see two long trails of fire behind us, like in the Back to the Future movies that Haruka-papa and I liked, while Michiru-mama found them silly, and Setsuna-mama outright despised.

Setsuna-mama, being the Senshi of time, was kind of funny that way with movies or TV shows that dealt with time travel. She either laughed out loud at them, or absolutely hated them, with hardly any middle ground. One exception was a show called Quantum Leap. She said she liked it because it was an ingenious blending of sci-fi, drama, and comedy. Michiru-mama thought it was because she had a crush on the show's star, Scott Bakula. Setsuna-mama denies this, but still manages to watch and record his latest show Enterprise, every week without fail, despite the fact that she doesn't think much of Star Trek either.

Anyway, we drove around for a bit, trying to discuss the week's plans, well actually we were shouting over the engine noise, but you get the idea. After awhile we stopped at McDonalds for a late breakfast and then decided to head for the park.

We got to the park in one piece and got out to walk around. The four of us tried to come down here every Sunday if possible, but seeing as it had been raining on Sunday we couldn't make it, so we were making up for lost time.

It was a beautiful day outside. The air was clean from 3 days of rain, there were a few clouds in the sky, and the weatherman did say something about their being more rain today, but we weren't worried.

Setsuna-mama was finally getting into the spirit of things as we walked through the park. She was smiling happily as she took my hand in hers. We were walking by the river, watching as several other families were enjoying themselves as well.

"Can we rent a few of those Swan boats (or whatever those peddle powered boats are called) and go cruising down the river later?" She asked as we were buying Slurpees from a vendor.

"Yeah, that would be great." I replied excitedly.

"Sure. It sounds like fun." Haruka-papa replied.

"Not to mention romantic." Michiru-mama said as she put her head on Haruka-papa's shoulder with a contented sigh. She always gets more romantic when water is involved. Well she is the Senshi of water, while Haruka-papa is the Senshi of the wind you know.

They walked ahead of us making romantic noises and comments while Setsuna-mama and I followed behind, drinking our Slurpees and occasionally making more gagging noises and comments like " Do we have to hose you two down again?" Just to annoy them. They laughed and pretended to ignore us.

We walked over a small hill and saw 5 familiar figures sitting with their backs towards us, underneath the cover of a large tree. They were facing the river and hadn't seen us yet.

"Is that who I think it is?" Michiru-mama asked.

Even from the back, Usagi's hairstyle, two long pigtails tied off with two meatballs on her head were unmistakeable. Not to mention Makoto towered over all of them, even while sitting down.
Haruka-papa got this odd look on her face. It was this funny wild eyed grin that said "Watch out folks, here it comes!" Kind of like the look Hulk Hogan got before thrashing an opponent. She got this look sometimes when she was about to pull one of her jokes on someone, usually the Inners or Setsuna-mama.

"Wait here." Haruka-papa said before she started sneaking up on Usagi and the others. We hid behind another tree, trying to stifle our giggles, as we watched what Haruka-papa was doing. She still had her Slurpee in her hand.

Finally, she crept up behind Usagi, and poured a small part of her ice-cold drink down the back of Usagi's shirt. She reacted like she normally did, badly.

"AAAAAIIIIIEEEE! COLD!" She shrieked as she jumped over a foot in the air. The others jumped to their feet almost as one. Haruka-papa fell to the ground, screaming with laughter. Setsuna-mama and I fell over laughing as well, while Michiru-mama took a few pictures with the digital camera she had brought with her.

"HARUKA!" All of the Inners shouted as they saw who was bugging them. Then they tackled her and rolled her through the Slurpee she had dropped while she was laughing. We walked up laughing and taking pictures as we came up.

"Setsuna, Hotaru, Michiru! Hi!" Ami noticed us first, got off the pile, walked towards us, and embraced each of us. The others got off Haruka-papa and did the same.

"Nice to see you as well, my little kittens." Haruka-papa grinned as she embraced each of them. Then she wandered over to a nearby souvenir stand to get a new T-shirt to replace her now Slurpee and dirt stained one.
"What brings you here to the park on this fine day?" Michiru-mama asked as we greeted them.
"Oh, the usual. Relaxing, enjoying the nice weather." Usagi said.
"Boy watching." Minako added. We all laughed.
This would be as good a time as any to introduce my friends. I've only known them for a short time, but I regard them as my older sisters.

Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon): She is our leader, our future queen, and our inspiration. Without doubt she is the kindest, most loving person that I have ever known. Sometimes she can be a crybaby and a total klutz, and she will go on about her boyfriend, Mamoru (or her 'Mamo-chan') until I want to bite her, but I adore her anyway.

Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury): The smartest person I know. She tends to be a shy, introverted, bookworm, but beneath that she is a sweet, warm and gentle person. Ami's helped me a lot with my schoolwork, and we are really close friends because of it. She wants to be a Doctor like her mother when she grows up. Personally I think she would make a better teacher.

Rei Hino (Sailor Mars): A Shinto Priestess with a fun loving nature, and a lot of musical talent. (She writes and sings her own songs!) Occasionally her temper can get the better of her, especially around Usagi, but she cares about everyone deeply and won't let anything hurt the people she loves.

Makoto Kino (Sailor Jupiter): She's the strong backbone of our team. Makoto is usually the first person into the fight, and the last to leave. She is also a great cook and really wants to open her own restaurant one day. Once you get to know her, she is a really nice person who likes to teach me how to cook, and to fight as well. I often wonder how she manages to balance the two. I asked her once and she replied; "With a lot of help from my friends."

Minako Aino (Sailor Venus): The self-proclaimed 'Goddess of Love'. She shows more enthusiasm and desire for living than anyone I have ever seen. Minako takes the phrase 'live life to the fullest' seriously. She always makes me laugh with her goofy jokes and her mixed up proverbs. She took care of me when I was really ill recently, and I will be eternally grateful for that.

The nine of us stayed in the park for most of the day, catching up, gossiping, and just being happy to be together.

I told them about my report I had to do about spending time with my family, and I made sure that I would include all of them, since they were my extended family. They all thanked me.

"You will make sure that any mention of us being the Sailor Senshi is edited out." Ami said.

"Don't worry, I was going to hand my teacher a very edited report. The actual report will stay between my family and I. And that includes the five of you." I replied.

"Thank you, Hotaru. That's so sweet of you." Usagi gave me a big hug and kissed me on the cheek. I kind of felt a bit embarrassed at the attention.

After a few hours of walking, talking, and taking a ride on the swan boats, we left the park and all went across the street to have a late lunch together. Afterwards, we went our separate ways, with Minako reminding all of us about karaoke night on Saturday. We all told her we would be there. Then we all went home.

We spent the rest of the day napping, watching TV, talking about things, and in my case typing this chapter up.

In closing I would like to say that it is days like this that make me feel that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a family like mine.

AN: Someone in their review thanked me for stating clearly that Michiru and Haruka were lovers. I figure that if their creator, Naoko Takeuchi, says that they are lovers, than that's good enough for me. I have tried to state that fact in all my stories, short of having the two of them rip off their clothes and start making love in the middle of the living room floor. Oh wait I did do just that in one story. Never mind…

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét